Mom's alone time
"I need some time to myself!"
"Calgon, take me away!"
"The only alone time I get is when I barricade myself in the bathroom."
(and so on and so forth)
How many of us mothers have said one of the above statements or some other form of this similar sentiment at one time or another? I know I have.
Last night I got that granted to me!
Will is away camping (he comes home tonight, in the middle of the night).
Aura was spending the night at a friend's house (still waiting for her to come home sometime today).
And I dropped Kaylee off at her daddy's, she'll come home on July 26th.
And I had time to think... time to myself... no one touching me or screeching my name...
And I hated it. I absolutely HATED it!
Yes I know the housework still awaits me.
Yes I know I have a book waiting for me to read it.
Yes I know I have friends... but they have their kids with them and it's not fair that my kids aren't with me....
I was so beyond tired that I stared at the t.v. for half the night! I couldn't believe it!
So where it says that what we want is not necessarily what we get or something like that... it's true! I may SAY I need time to myself, but really? I need my children around me! They make life fun! They make me laugh! They make me cry! They make me upset! They make me happy! All the roller-coaster of emotions, and I need my daily dose of that!
Call me crazy, but that's the truth!
That's my short input for today.... now what else to do with myself???
"Calgon, take me away!"
"The only alone time I get is when I barricade myself in the bathroom."
(and so on and so forth)
How many of us mothers have said one of the above statements or some other form of this similar sentiment at one time or another? I know I have.
Last night I got that granted to me!
Will is away camping (he comes home tonight, in the middle of the night).
Aura was spending the night at a friend's house (still waiting for her to come home sometime today).
And I dropped Kaylee off at her daddy's, she'll come home on July 26th.
And I had time to think... time to myself... no one touching me or screeching my name...
And I hated it. I absolutely HATED it!
Yes I know the housework still awaits me.
Yes I know I have a book waiting for me to read it.
Yes I know I have friends... but they have their kids with them and it's not fair that my kids aren't with me....
I was so beyond tired that I stared at the t.v. for half the night! I couldn't believe it!
So where it says that what we want is not necessarily what we get or something like that... it's true! I may SAY I need time to myself, but really? I need my children around me! They make life fun! They make me laugh! They make me cry! They make me upset! They make me happy! All the roller-coaster of emotions, and I need my daily dose of that!
Call me crazy, but that's the truth!
That's my short input for today.... now what else to do with myself???


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home