A Day in a Single Mom's Life

Tuesday, April 8, 2008


Today was a hard day for me. It came after yesterday.

Yesterday was emotionally hard due to court situations in regards to Kaylee and her daddy.

Today the principal of the school I work at (she is already a harsh/emotionally cold woman) had words with me.


What I love, though, is my children's ability to make me feel loved and cheer me up.

When I arrived home today, Kaylee was sleeping in the back seat. Aura and Will came out on the porch. Aura did not make the soccer team, I felt badly for her. She did not feel bad at all - she was working on her art project. Will got Kaylee and brought her in for me. Will was working on his scout worksheets for merit badges. My living room and entry were clean (the two rooms you see automatically, when you walk in my home). To see my children engaged in things that interest them and my daughter's example with not being fazed that she did not make the team.... that cheered me up, right there.


I am doing what matters where no one can really judge me on it... my children. My children are developing great moral standards, religious beliefs, and other interests. They love each other unconditionally and help each other out almost all the time. They are viewing life more positively than I did when I was their ages and by doing so, they are an example to their mommy. I truly do thank our Father in Heaven for allowing me to have these children in my life.




I am eternally grateful that the missionaries found our family a second time around and that we became members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What a tremendous blessing it is to be involved in such a positive and upstanding church with morals that my internal morals match exactly. Where the people are humble and willing to lend a helping hand to those in need, who believe in doing unto others as they would others do unto them. Just entering the church building or the homes of fellow members does my spirit good, truly.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home